And now for the writing post 🙂
Ahh, lists! I love lists; I make lists of my lists, not even kidding. But making a list for my blog? I realize these assignments are supposed to be very open so practically anyone can do them but, for me anyway, this one is lacking a little something in the inspiration department. I’ve been following the tag “writing101” and I’ve seen some pretty cool blog posts inspired by this but I’m coming up completely empty :shrugs: I guess I’ll list my top five favorite TV shows of all time (for no good reason whatsoever, it’s just the only thing I can think of).
I’ll do it countdown style (again, for no good reason whatsoever):
5. Agent Carter. YES! A show all about a strong female character that I actually like! Kudos to Hayley Atwell for her portrayal of Peggy Carter, actress and character are both awesome. Plus, a show that takes place in the 40s? Double YES! Because that’s one of my favorite eras fashion-wise. Also, love Jarvis, he is just so cute!
4. Psych. I love it because it’s hilarious. The actors are incredibly funny but they’re great at the drama too. And it’s totally the reason I say the pineapple is my favorite fruit.
3. The Flash. Speaking of drama… the twists and turns in the first season were fantastic and really kept me guessing, I’m looking forward to season two (though not as much as I’m looking forward to Legends of Tomorrow. (But that has an awful lot to do with Arthur Darvill being in it).
And we have a tie for the number one spot! I refuse to choose between these two shows so they’re both number one.
1. Merlin. I was heartbroken when I learned season five would be the last of this awesome series. The characters, the plots, the treachery and heartbreak, the gorgeous costumes and sets. This show had some of the best actors! Colin Morgan as Merlin, Bradley James as Arthur, Angel Coulby as Guinevere, Anthony Head as Uther. All were beyond fantastic as these characters. My favorite was Eoin Macken as Gwaine though, he was hilarious (and handsome). This show is one of only two that have ever made me cry, I love it but it hurts. Actually that’s one of the things I love about it though, it sort of “grew up” throughout it’s five seasons so that the first season is rather light and airy and it just keeps getting darker and darker, though never going too dark, it’s not Game of Thrones (thank goodness!).
1. Doctor Who. I LOVE this series, both the classic episodes and “New Who” are fun and exciting and interesting. Eleven is my favorite Doctor (and I’m going to kill a popular theory here, because no, he wasn’t my first Doctor. That was Ten). Blink is my favorite episode (so creepy!), the Daleks are my favorite villains, and Martha, Sarah Jane, and Rory are my favorite companions. I can’t wait for the new season, Capaldi is killing it as Twelve!!!