Today’s blogging 101 task was to take a look at The Daily Post’s writing prompts and pick one to use in a post, and I was originally going to go with the prompt; “The Transporter.” Why this one? Because I clicked through a few others that didn’t catch my fancy then I hit on this one and started laughing like crazy. The prompt is “Tell us about a sensation — a taste, a smell, a piece of music — that transports you back to childhood”. Why is this funny? Because I’m listening to an old N Sync song. Remember N Sync? I grew up in the 90s and early 00s and it was hard to not be aware of boy bands, I didn’t listen to any of them for a bit there because I was really a country music type of girl at that age but N Sync was the first band I listened to and liked outside of country music. And talk about a blast from the past when I discovered some of their songs on YouTube.
However, the next prompt I got was Dust in the Wind and I thought making a bucket list sounded interesting so, I guess, really, I’m doing both :).
- Graduate college.
- Visit the U.K.
- Visit The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Eka Pada Galavasana (Flying Pigeon Pose).
- Become a street and/or installation artist, even if it’s just for a day.
- Choreograph and dance a ballet performance en pointe.
- Visit Mesa Verde and actually go into the ruins.
- Take up tap dancing.
- Fall madly in love (even if it’s just for a short time).
- Road trip all over the U.S.
- Watch every single episode of Doctor Who. (It is totally and completely a coincidence that this is number 11, really! 😉 )
- Go to a renaissance faire in a completely homemade costume.
- Learn archery.
- Go to a Steampunk convention (preferably in a completely homemade costume).
- Go to a OneRepublic concert.